Northeast/Sequoia Private Client Group Online Privacy Statement
Effective Date: November, 2019
Northeast/Sequoia Private Client Group (”Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to
protecting it through our compliance with this Online Privacy Statement (“Statement” or “OPS”).
This Statement describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you
visit the website Northeastprivate.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining,
protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Statement applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated nonbrowser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those
applications or advertising include links to this Statement.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or
be accessible from or on the Website
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and
how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website.
By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this privacy Statement. This Statement may change from time
to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those
changes, so please check the Statement periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of [13/16]
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any
information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If
you are under 16 do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, [register
on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features
of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone
number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received
personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that
information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone
number, or any other information (”personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- We collect this information
Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage
details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
- The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the
time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further
services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us,
and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may
be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the
Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your
User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain
pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be
aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other
users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do
not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to
collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication
data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system,
and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across
third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include statistical data as well as personal information, and we
may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by
enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You
may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if
you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted
browser to our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect
and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies
are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about
managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and
Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as
web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for
example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website
statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information
about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third-parties, including
advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. These third parties may use
cookies alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies to collect information about
you when you use our website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information
or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and
across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interestbased (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions
about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For
information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices
About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you
and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may
be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our
advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes
without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume
that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual,
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this privacy Statement:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are
bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the
purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization,
dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Northeast/Sequoia Private Client Group s assets,
whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal
information held by Northeast/Sequoia Private Client Group about our Website users is among the assets
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these
disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information].
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the
“email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address
to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or
agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FOREST
HILLS FINACIAL GROUP NY LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information
with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created
mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser
cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie
note that some parts of this site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising.
However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or
used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative
(”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have
chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password
confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out
information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may
be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our
best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information
transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not
responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
It is our Statement to post any changes we make to our privacy Statement on this page. If we make material
changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we may notify you through a notice on the Website
home page. The date the privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are
responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for
periodically visiting our Website and this privacy Statement to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy Statement and our privacy practices, contact us at: 103
Eisenhower Parkway, Suite 208, Roseland, NJ 07068. Brittany_Shaw@northeeastprivate.com.